Taipei Taiwan

Taipei Taiwan

Monday, June 3, 2013

MTC Week 9

Oh. My. Flip!!! I can't believe this time is actually here!!... I'm less than 24 hours away from flying out to get on with the rest of my mission. I am so excited to meet my trainer. I'm so excited to go to Taiwan and grow my love for the people and help them realize that they have a "Qin'ai de Tianfu" (Loving Heavenly Father)! I have learned so much at the MTC. I've learned...: I'm a missionary and I have been called of God. I have the ability to discern the thoughts of and receive inspiration for my investigators. I am a literal son of God and I have been fortunate enough to be born in to the church and know the truths I do through loving parents and siblings. I am a boy from Cornville, AZ learning Mandarin Chinese and I know that there is no way that that is possible except it be through the love of my Savior Jesus Christ, and the purpose for which I am learning it. I know that I have a purpose here on earth. Nage mudi shi, "yaoqing taren guixiang Jidu, jiezhe xiezhu tamen peiyang, dui Yesu Jidu jiqi Shuzui de xinxin, huigai, xili, jieshou Shengling enci, he chishou daodi, lai bangzhu tamen jieshou fuxing de fuyin." (That purpose is to, "Invite others to come unto Christ. By helping them receive the restored gospel through Faith in Jesus Christ and His Atonement, Repentance, Baptism, receiving the Gift of the Holy Ghost and Enduring to the End.") I know that this gospel is so much bigger than me, and I know that it is not me, or my companion, or anything that we do that teaches... it is the Spirit of God. I know that my purpose is to help them! They have the knowledge of the truth... they are children of God. They made the Choice to come to this earth and be tested and experience every thing that we do here, but my purpose is to HELP them remember. That is how the Spirit speaks to us. things that we already know, which are true. That is the beauty of the Gospel. :) I hope all of that was somewhat understandable... :) hahaha I know that what I am doing out here is such a great work... and I know that Jesus Christ for us, died. And he died in order to have us return to our Father in Heaven, who truly does want us to be with Him! I know that they give us the trials and pains that we have, to give us the opportunity to become like them. Perfect. A good scripture to read when you're feelin' down and out is D&C 122:6-9. I love this. I know that The Savior of the world has gone below all things... and wants us to reach our hands our for Him. He is on the high ground, and He has already done everything He can. All you need to do is reach up for Him. I love you all! I know that this Church is true and that Joseph Smith did restore the gospel of Jesus Christ upon the earth in this, the final dispensation. There is nothing that can stop this work :) Thank you all for your prayers for me to learn the language and to grow closer to the Lord. Thanks for all the letters and packages and love. See ya!!! Hurrah For Isreal!!! Love, Elder Westover

3 comments:

  1. I am Pretty sure that Elder Westover is my Son's companion in Taiwan. How exciting is that? Anyway, I was really touched by something my son said in his letter last night, and wanted to share with Elder Westover's family and Friends.

    and I quote ..."Elder Westover is perfect, "there are no mistakes" (A quote from an Assistant testifing of President Day's devine calling) He is extreamly humble, and feel on many levels we can relate. (He played Football, Middle Linebacker... We're best friends:) He's from thesmall town of Cornsville, the town of NO corn. In Yalisanajiu (Arizona). He's buff and certainly fits the description of Middle Linebacker, we make pair of white, chinese speaking duo. He is learning the Language faster then I ever was, and I believe it is because he has his eyes on the prize, "single to the glory of God" It is inspiring."

    Satan's Offense cannot score with two of the Lord's Middle Linebackers tearing up the backfield like Stripling Warriors.

    Elder Hopper's Dad
    http://www.facebook.com/thehop

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brother Hopper. Wow. Thank you so much for sharing that with out family. We cannot be more thrilled to hear that Elder Westover and Elder Hopper are getting along so great, and based on what Elder Westover has shared about your son... they seem to have really hit it off, and are both hard working, go get em missionaries that just want to do the Lord's work and do it well. Which will serve them both so well. Thank you for sharing, hopefully we can keep in touch.

      Sarah

      Delete
  2. Sorry, it appears Elder Westover is your Brother...I love Technology.

    ReplyDelete