Taipei Taiwan

Taipei Taiwan

Monday, June 17, 2013

Tou Fen #2

Hello!! We don't have much time today, because the place that we usually email at, shutdown and we had a hard time finding a place to email, and I'm almost out of time, but I hope you know that I love you. I want to tell you a couple cool things that I wanted to do last week but didn't have the time... I met Elder Watson! John's old mission president! He was the General Authority at our mission tour conference this week and it was great to see him minister to all of us missionaries and help the Spirit edify our souls and prepare us to more effectively bring about the salvation of souls. I have three people in my branch that all served with John in Taizheng! hahah it's really fun :) They love me and I love them! They speak pretty good English too... one of them is actually from Rexburg, ID! He came back and married one of the sisters he met on his mission. Super cool small world thing. Next I want to tell you how awesome the food here is! hahah..... I have already eaten some pretty cool stuff! They are as follows: Chicken foot, chicken head, bitter melon, cookies ( they are super wierd here...), Oh my goodness!!! The Mangos are to DIE FOR!! We just bought 3 today for 50 NT... Super awesome :) Also they have this stuff called, Yogo Fresh that is awesome. It's a super cheap yogurt drink that I love :) Anyway, I just wanted to tell you how awesome the things here are.... and Joseph... I had the Shaved Noodles. They are awesome. Ok. Well I will tell you that this week has been great! I am absolutely in love the people here. My ting de dong (understanding what I hear) is getting much better, but still has much to improve. The Lord works miracles through obedience. I know that now. I see so many miracles and I realize how blessed I am. This last Saturday night, my companion and I were heading back from a branch activity and I noticed we were going to get in early if we didn't stay out a little longer. The Spirit reminded me of what I have heard Sarah and Tarah tell me countless times... "don't let anything stop you from being exactly obedient."... I suggested that we stay out and try to find one more person. We looked and we found. Elder Hopper felt impressed to go into a "7" (7/11- They have a ton of them here!!) and talk with a boy who was eating noodles. We went in, found out what he believed, shared our testimonies with him and he said he would like to learn more. We got his number and left. I can testify that Exact obedience, brings miracles. This was a miracle. We had had a very unproductive week it felt like, but because we chose to be exactly obedient, the Lord chose to bless us with a miracle. I know that his Church is true. I know that the message that we have brings clarity and light to all those who choose to listen to it. I know that to be true. I love you all and really do miss you tons. But please do know that you are a great motivation. because I know that through the work that I am doing right now, can and will allow us to live together... forever. HURRAH FOR ISREAL!! Love, Elder Westover

No comments:

Post a Comment