Taipei Taiwan

Taipei Taiwan

Monday, February 10, 2014

Xinzhu # 36

Oh boy :) I can't tell you how happy I am. I have a little nephew coming this week, I am training this transfer, I'm so pumped for the district I'm serving in, and I am so grateful for this Gospel. My new companion (Elder Chen) is wonderful. He is going to the Indiana Indianapolis Mission, reporting to the Provo MTC on March 11. He , and we had a wonderful week last week. Unfortunately he is leaving. He is leaving and I'm getting a brand new one from the States!!! :) I am so excited! I still don't know who he is but I will be going up to Taibei this week on Wednesday to proselyte up there while I wait for the new missionaries to finish their training, and then we'll come back here for some real missionary work! I'm super scared... I've never been expecting my own child, but I imagine it's kinda like that! :P (I know I'll get an ear full from my sisters about that ;P) I'm super stoked for him to get here and to start learning with him. A new wonderful experience that will be full of learning. Christlike Attributes Chapter 6 of PMG will get me through it :) This week was awesome! We had a wonderful Mission Leadership Conference on Thursday and Friday, of which I got to be temporary companions with the Assistants. I learned so much, and I am so amazed by the spirit of prophesy and revelation in those two days. I actually had the opportunity to do a training within those two days on the importance of the member present at a lesson with an investigator. I was thinking of the covenants that we make in the Gospel of Jesus Christ as I read this scripture. Including the temple. In Alma 37:6-7 it speaks of the strength of "small and simple things are great things brought to pass; and small means in many instances doth confound the wise. And the Lord God doth work by means to bring about his great and eternal purposes; and by very small means the Lord doth confound the wise and bringeth about the salvation of many souls." The Salvation of many souls that is spoken of is the Salvation of the missionary, the member and the investigator. We are all working out our own Salvation. Just know that through the small and simple things of helping the missionaries, and your ward mission leaders how you can help in the Work of Salvation, will help you in your effort to have an eternal happy life :) I love you all. Have a wonderful week this week and make sure to do the Small and Simple things :) "Hurrah for Israel!!" Love, Elder Westover

No comments:

Post a Comment