Taipei Taiwan

Taipei Taiwan

Sunday, February 16, 2014

Xinzhu #37

Hey ya'll!! Happy Birthday to Callyssa and Joshua, and I'm super stoked to see that little new baby boy next week, or as Jacob said, "he's going to come when he's good and ready. And not a second sooner...! :)" This week was wonderful! I am so stoked to get to work with Elder Zeng. He is a wonderful missionary and is doing a great job. We saw many miracles the past few days and were very blessed to have the experiences we did. "If we recognize the miracles, no matter how small or big they are, the Lord will work more in our lives"- President Day. I need to make more time in my reports and in my life as a missionary to recognize those miracles and thank Father in Heaven for those blessings often! In our area, we gave the Sisters two of our investigators because those investigators did not make their baptismal dates, and dropped some about five other investigators that have not been answering their phones, and so we kinda back at ground zero, but that's okay. We are going to see some new miracles, as our members get together with us and find, fellowship, teach, and testify! :) My companion is very inspiring, and makes me super happy and pumped to go and get these members pumped up to go work with us!! We also have a baptism this week!!! Zhou Dx!! It's been forever to get him to this point, but it will be great. My companion, Elder Tseng is also waiting for his Visa, and is from Taipei. His English is so good, and we are going to have a lot of success together, I know it! I know that we are going to work together with the Spirit to find those that will receive us and help them receive the Savior. I really love him.We have fun together and we see miracles. :) One thing that I learned in the scriptures this week, and I didn't realize till right now that I had strengthened my testimony of them, is that the scriptures give us strength. I was reading in 3 Nephi 28 and it was just incredible to ponder on the things that the Savior promised the 12 that He had chosen. The scriptures are like an energy drink, that will feed and continue to keep the Gift of the Spirit string and bright to guide us and to inspire us. Though it might not help us right at that moment, it will help us in the future when we really need it! I just want to share with you one miracle: When we were out tracting and got fanged by our investigator, we had knocked just for about 30 minutes, and there was a lady (Chen JM) riding her bike past us. She had already gone past us quite aways, but I just felt like I should ask her to stop. So, I said, "qing wen yixia", and of course she stopped. We shared that we were missionaries, and she said that she thought we were cops so when I called out to her she definitely stopped, but she ended up really wanting to hear the message of baptism! She said that she wanted to, but she would get back to us and come to church after she had some time to read the Book of Mormon. :) She is a wonderful daughter of God, and although she did not set a baptismal date or give us a number or come to church this week, I know that because she is important, that I am accomplishing the work that I have been sent to do. Although I am not the perfect teacher, but the Spirit is, and by listening to the Spirit and calling out to her I was able to give her an opportunity to receive the Plan of Happiness that Heavenly Father has for us. I am so happy. That's all I have to say. I love this work and I am so happy to wear the name tag that I get to wear every day. To represent Him. I love you. Praying for you and thank you so much for your love. Love, Elder Westover

No comments:

Post a Comment