Taipei Taiwan

Taipei Taiwan

Sunday, October 13, 2013

Tou Fen #19

Oh my goodness. This week was awesome! :) Conference was absolutely awesome!! I can't believe how much I learn from General Conference and how much of a faith builder it is to literally listen to the voices of the living prophets and hear the same truths that have been taught throughout time. The Lin JT this last week scared me really bad. In our first meeting with them this week they told us that they went online to do some research about the church and they had ran into some Anti-Mormon information. They started asking us questions and I have to be honest... I really was afraid we were going to lose them, but as the time went on as we relied on the scriptures and the Spirit, I felt a comfort in my heart when Cai JM said that she knew and knows that all those things that she saw were not good. This was a trial that they were given, and because of their faith, they have been strengthened in it. We went over the next day and ate a wonderful dinner, and shared with them about Faith and Repentance. Lin Dx came to General Conference and all the questions they had, were in one way or another answered perfectly. They really have a great desire to have this gospel in their lives and are making the small and necessary steps to accomplishing those steps. The Lord has a great purpose for them here in Toufen. Oh!!! I just thought of another miracle!! I'm still in Toufen!! I'm really so happy about this! The Lord answered my prayers. I have been in Toufen for 4 1/2 months. I am starting to focus on using the Book of Mormon to find questions a very common part of my personal studies. I am finding that by the Spirit, a reader of the book can literally find an answer to any question. I feel a need to increase my knowledge of the scriptures so that I can better help those I come in contact with and those who I am teaching. So, I am memorizing all of the scripture mastery scriptures in the Book of Mormon this week :) I am so happy! I really am! I have set more goals for this transfer to help me develop that happiness into a greater level of love and Charity for my companion, future investigators, investigators, recent converts and less-actives, and members. I am striving to be like Jesus and to remember that I'm always on exchanges with the Savior. He is always at my side. I need to rely on the strength of my Father and my Redeemer and together, I can do anything. I just need to look up and see what He thinks I should do :) I have decided that I could stay here in Toufen for the rest of my mission. I absolutely love the branch here and I love the town. This place has so much potential and with the amount of wonderful missionaries we have here, we should be able to help these members in their efforts in bringing our brothers and sisters unto salvation. I would like to second everything that was said in General Conference about the roles that we all have in the Work of Salvation. I love you all and I want you to know, that I know that my Savior lives. I know that we are all Children of a loving Heavenly Father who will help us if we ask. This work is only possible through His way. Seek Him out. Ask Him what your purpose is in the Work of Salvation. I know that as you seek that out, and do the small and simple things, you will be helped, and loved. He loves you. Invite others to come and feel of the love! love, Elder Westover

No comments:

Post a Comment