Taipei Taiwan

Taipei Taiwan

Sunday, January 19, 2014

Xinzhu # 33

I got a ton of letters this week :) Thank you so much for all of your Christmas Cards and all of your love :) I can't even start to explain how thankful I am for this week. There are not words able to express the gratitude that I have for the Gospel of Jesus Christ. The time that I have available to write to you is not enough, but I just want to tell you that the Lord is so wonderful. We have had a wonderful week proclaiming the Gospel of the Jesus Christ, and inviting all to come unto Christ through baptism. We had our Zone Training Meeting on Tuesday morning where we received some incredible and inspiring training from our Zone Leaders, my companion and I went out to find those that would receive the message of truth. In our training we were reminded of the healing power of the Atonement by this statement in Preach My Gospel, "We all make mistakes in life, and these mistakes create feelings of guilt and shame. These feelings cannot be relieved without repentance and forgiveness. They can be fully healed through the Atonement of Christ" (Preach My Gospel, pg. 183). We were invited to go out and invite everyone to be baptized and receive a remission of their sins on the very first contact. We saw so many miracles. We found three New Investigators and set baptismal dates with them that day. Wu Dx, Luo Dx, and Chen Dx. They were all so incredible. The first two were right in a row, and then the last one was a little before we had to go home, right after we got "fang"-ed (stood-up by Luo Dx). I'll tell you about Chen Dx. We were in front of the Family Mart (convenience store) that we said we would meet Luo Dx, and our Ward Mission Leader, our peike (member present at the lesson), had already come. I saw this guy go in and I had said hi to him and all, and then I saw him come out again and go over to his scooter. I had an overwhelming feeling to talk to him. I left my companion and WML to talk about a backup plan, and I just started talking to him. I introduced myself as a representative of Jesus Christ, pointing to my name tag, and shared that we had a message of happiness that would bless his life. At first he was really not that interested then, all I remember is he said he was "Fu jiaotu" Buddist, and then I just remember me speaking some words and asking him some questions, and listening, and telling him, that there was a loving Heavenly Father that wanted to share a wonderful message with him. Next I invited my companion, and our WML to come over and then we shared with him how to pray, and communicate with Heavenly Father. It was so wonderful. I know that he felt the Spirit. His prayer was so heartfelt, and full of his humble desires that his Heavenly Father would help him overcome. So great. We invited him to baptism and to continue to develop his relationship with Heavenly Father through prayer and prayerfully studying the scriptures. So awesome. I have had the blessings of the Lord to do His work and His Glory, and to have patience, love, charity, and faith. He is Almighty, and Great. Have a wonderful week you all!! I love you :) I'm praying for you all, whether you be at home, or in the field working... "Thrust in you sickle with all of your might"!! Invite others to come unto Christ. Love, Elder Westover

No comments:

Post a Comment