Taipei Taiwan

Taipei Taiwan

Sunday, January 26, 2014

Xinzhu # 34

So I got a phone call from the Financial Assistant this week and he told me that he had to go to the customs office and look at a package that was sent on December 16, 2013. Haha, he continued saying that they opened the package right there in-front of him and they pulled out the bag of Beef Jerky... Apparently because of the Mad Cow Disease a while back, the Taiwanese Government doesn't import beef from America. So That Christmas package, just hasn't gotten back to me :) haha I love you!!! I really am so happy that you love me enough to send me Beef Jerky, but just to notify everyone. DON'T SEND BEEF TO TAIWAN!!! :) I will still accept the Pork Jerky that dad buys :) That stuff is to die for!!!! Ok, I want to say I love you all. Kiah, Happy Birthday on the 6th of January. Jacob and Rebekah, Happy Anniversary on the 8th!! (I hope that little boy is growing healthy and strong) This is one of the miracle from this week :) On Thursday we went to do service and we got fanged, so we fell back on the best back-up plan... The Prayer of Faith. It was just less than an hour before we had to start our Weekly Planning Session, and we went knocking doors in that area. We just rod until we came to a street that we felt good about, and started knocking. it was the third house. There were just some kids out front with their Ama (Grandma) and we just talked to them for a while. Let them look at a picture of Jesus Christ and started to share... Then a man rode up on his scooter. The Ama started repeating over and over, "He's one of you! He's one of you!" We got to know him and started to share what differences we had with other Christians. As I shared with him Joseph Smith's experience of seeing God the Father, and Jesus Christ, he just looked at me. After I finished sharing and testifying, he kept on looking at me. Finally, he said, "Do you want to come in??" Hahah!! So crazy!! We still haven't set a baptismal date with him, but he has felt the Spirit and is in the process of finding out the truth for himself. :) I love you all and am so blessed to be out here serving my Lord and Savior. I want to invite you all this week to think about the restoration of the Gospel of Jesus Christ and how it has blessed your lives, then go share that with a friend :) (show them Mormon.org, give them a Book of Mormon, have a conversation about God, Testify!!) I know the Savior lives. I know that Joseph Smith is a true prophet of God, and that this work will move forward, no matter what. Just make the decision. Are you going to be a part of it?? :) Love, Elder Westover

No comments:

Post a Comment