Taipei Taiwan

Taipei Taiwan

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

MTC Week 2

Hello! This is Elder Westover reporting from the MTC. The weather here has been completely awesome and bipolar!! Don't get me wrong, being from Cornville AZ I love to see snow, but they won't open up the playing fields infront of the Temple until it stops snowing for a week and it keeps snowing every other day!! Hahah, oh well... I'll get over it. There is so much here that I would love to share. Unfortunately there are nearly 6,000 missionaries here in the MTC and it seems that there are atleast half of them waiting in line right behind me to use the computers, so I'll try to be quick. I can't believe tomorrow will be the two week mark for me here in the MTC... Time flies when the Lord is your employer :) I love how incredible this place is. I had my first Sacrament Meeting with Branch 39 and I must say that the Lord is so good, because I have only been here two weeks and I can sit through a meeting of full Mandarin and pick out words! It may not be a pretty translation, but when I have the gift of tongues and the Spirit on my side, I know of the truth when it is spoken... even when it's in a completely different language. It is said that the English speaking missionaries come to the MTC to learn the Gospel. The Spanish speaking missionaries come to the MTC to learn the language, and for Mandarin speaking missionaries..... the Lord teaches them HUMILITY. Hah... The language is coming.... slowly, but surely. :) We meet with two investigators from now on till we leave for the field and I am excited to have the Lord teach to me as I strive to bring His children back to the fold. I love you all and I pray for you. I Know that the work that I am doing right now, is so great and there is no force that can stop it. I am now the Lord's and I know that his love will always prevail. ci'ai, Wu Zhang Lau (Elder Westover)

No comments:

Post a Comment