Taipei Taiwan

Taipei Taiwan

Monday, May 6, 2013

MTC Week 5

Nimen Hao!! Happy Mother's Day!!!!! Thank you all who have sent packages :) I love them. Guess What?!?!?!?!?! I'm over the hump :P I have been here for almost 5 weeks and it seems like it's just flying by! The Tai Cheng generation of mandarin missionaries is leaving tomorrow morning bright and early and in three weeks... that will be me!! I know it seems like I'm super excited to leave the MTC (and don't get me wrong, I am), but I know that I have much more to learn. This week has been super busy and super crazy. We had our schedule changed, right? And I had a new companion who knew the language a ton better, but I had a great time with him. He was just waiting for his visa to come in because he was on the advanced track to get to the field. His name was Elder Chow from Hong Kong and he actually was only my comp for like 3 days, but really got to learn more of the language and apply more of it when I was with it. It was super nice because if I needed to know anything, I just asked him!! He is now in Taipei and I'll see him soon, but I hope we could be comps out in the field because I really wanted to get to know him more. My first week as district leader was so great. I ruled them like a tyrant and made them do everything for me.......... hahaha :) JK! But seriously... It's been great this week. As a missionary leader, you have the opportunity to learn from your branch presidency and learn about the way that we can administer to the needs and concerns of those under our stewardship, but also, to minister to them.... The man I think of when I think of a great leader, is King Benjamin he was a great man and lead by example through his humility. As a district leader I am learning to "minister" as Christ did. Teach as he did, love as he did, speak as he did, do as he did, and I know that as I do that I will have the constant companionship of the Spirit. I'm running out of time, but I want you to know that I love you. There is no other place I should be than right where I am. I love the Lord and know that he loves and knows each and everyone of us. Jia You!! Hurrah For Isreal!! Strength and Honor. Love, Elder Westover P.S.- So Chad Lewis came and talked to us on Sunday and I found out that he went to Taiwan also! And guess what?? :) I found out that my brother John served with him!! :) John... He says "What's up?!"

No comments:

Post a Comment