Taipei Taiwan

Taipei Taiwan

Sunday, May 5, 2013

MTC Week 4

Hello all! Before I start I just want to thank everyone who has written me and sent me care packages :) I love hearing your words of encouragement and unfortunately I don't have a crazy ammount of time to write, so I don't always get around to writing you... but I do love you!! Just think of me working as hard as I can to learn a language and learn how to teach the Gospel of Jesus Christ... It's absolutely awesome!! Anyway, I have a ton to tell. This week we made some progress with both of the investigators we are teaching. Liu Dixiong: We have been having no problem getting return appointments (hahah as if they could drop us :P) but we have been having a hard time getting him to pray and ask to know if God is his Heavenly Father along with praying to know if the Book of Mormon is true. Anyway, Elder Illu came up with a great candy analogy and we taught him about faith. He loved the lesson and understood what faith was. Jerry Ye: We have only met with him twice but we found out what he, hypathetically and spiritually, wanted to eat (we found out that he was looking for peace and the truth). The language is a super big barrier right now, and we only have 30 minutes to teach, so the time goes by super fast, but we are getting better in our understanding of the language and the spirit. I'm learning a ton. We got a new summer schedule so our P-Days are now on Mondays. I got called as district leader yesterday. This week I am being put into another companionship with a semi-native speaker from Hong Kong. His name is Elder Chow. He seems like a super good missionary and I'm excited to work with him. It should be just a temporary assignment, because he is just waiting on his visa.... I'm excited to have him as a companion so I can learn from him as much as I can. Stephen B. Allen came and spoke to us on Sunday and I have to say I had so much fun! Probably one of the funniest and most edifying meetings I have ever been to. We discussed the pains and trials of a missionary and compared them to Book of Mormon missionaries like Ammon. Super good. I wish I had more time to tell you, but I want to tell you all thank you so much for the prayers you pray. I feel the help and the love from them in all that I do. Pray for the missionaries in your area and do all you can to help them find people to teach. Be a fool for the Lord. I love you and know you love me. Strength and Honor. Love, Elder Westover P.S.- just a little quote I got from the choir director here at the MTC: "If you think you can't do it, you're wrong. If you think you can do it... alone, you're wrong."

No comments:

Post a Comment