Taipei Taiwan

Taipei Taiwan

Sunday, July 21, 2013

Tou Fen #6 & #7

Hello!! Hey! Yes, I'm alive! haha I am so sorry I didn't get a letter off you you last week but we went to the temple the temple on Wednesday last week and.... I forgot to tell you that I would not be writing you... :) hahah not that ya'll cared or anything I just thought I would tell you. And my excuse for not writing you on Wednesday is............. My companion and I took a little trip................... to Tai Chung. Hahaha Next week I'll send a video of our little experience, but we took the High Speed Rail and missed the last stop in our mission.... Super funny. President Day heard about it and laughed!! WE have repented. I promise. :) We got Sisters in Tou Fen!! They are super great and we are super excited to work with them. One is a native and the other is from Sacramento California. My companion gave me the phone, so my Chinese will improve. I am completely amazed all of the time at how great my God is and the power he has to change people. Here are just two experiences from these last two weeks. "We had just been our appointment fell through so we went out to find. We came down the stairs from the chapel and right in front of us was a man who looked like he had some physical ailments. I had earlier in the day chosen a scripture to share about the resurrection (Alma 11:44) I felt a feeling so strong to talk to him that I was stuck where I stood. I could not move. I felt the feeling so strong that he was the one that needed to hear that part of the message that we bring. Elder Hopper was about to go contact a younger boy, but as he started to leave my side I said, "Wait!, we need to talk to him." (motioning to the older man) We started talking to him (Liu Dx), and eventually got to talking about his ailments. I shared that scripture with him. I bore testimony that what it said was true, and my companion had my back. We had a prayer with him to help and bless him as he went to the hospital for some treatments, gave him a Book of Mormon, got his number and then he had to get on the bus. I don't know that he will honestly have interest, and when we call him, if he will want to set up with us, but I do know that there was a truth shared, and that means a seed planted. It's amazing to have that feeling. To listen to the promptings of the Spirit... and ACT. I know that I felt the spirit and I know that he felt that same spirit. I know that he is my brother, and I really did see him as he can become... I saw him dressed in white, looking strong and firm. Young and full of life! I know that he is my brother, and whether that vision was of my premortal life, this mortal life, or in the life to come, I don't know either. But I know I will see him again." "We found a lost sheep. The Spirit lead us to a lost sheep. In a way, the Spirit lead him to us. A couple of weeks ago we were leaving the church building to go to another appointment, when a man came up to us. He was really hard to understand, because my Chinese is still not that great, he had a lot of teeth missing, and he was drunk. I can't remember much more about that visit. Then this Thursday we were on our way to eat dinner coming from an active member visit and a man sitting on the side of the road at the opening of a house started to yell at us. This place had no door, a floor that had the tile taken out, a chair, a mattress, and a small blanket I couldn't quite understand what he was saying but then I realized it was that man. My companion wanted to stop. I protested but followed. I was thinking too much of our schedule and what we could be doing, but when I finally realized that I was being prideful and selfish. I tried to listen... listen to the words that he was speaking, and listening to the spirit. We found out that he had gone to church, and he used to have some nice clothes like ours, but obviously doesn't have it any more. Earlier this week at work, he had stepped on a nail and it had gotten infected. Super bad. We asked him why he hadn't gotten it looked at but he said that he just didn't have enough money. We shared with him about how much Heavenly Father loves us and what we need to do for him to help us. We encouraged him to quit drinking and smoking and set up a time to come back and meet with him. He gave a sincere prayer pleading for Heavenly Father's help. We met with him two days later and committed him to quit drinking in two weeks and invited him to come to church with us the next day. On Sunday 8:55 A.M. came, he wasn't there. We went down the stairs to check the bus station (where he often is) and he wasn't there. We went out on the street to look for him and we couldn't see him. We decided to pray for him in our hearts. We returned and right before the Sacrament Hymn started, he walked in! I got to sit next to him and when the Sacrament Hymn was over, he leaned over and said, he felt so good. I could see it too, I could see the happiness radiating from him! We went to Gospel Principles (Sacrifice), and Elders Quorum (According to our Faith) and the lessons were absolutely perfect for him. The members were great! We found out he had been baptized and confirmed! He had shared with me that he had been baptized and I shared that, but we weren't too sure if he was saying he had been baptized or had just mistaken the Sacrament for baptism, and it turned out he had been baptized. We went over with some other members yesterday to give him some church clothes and a little food and shared with his mother. Also a very special experience. She prayed and said one of the most sincere prayers that I have ever heard. She weeped as she truly shared with her Father in Heaven the desires of her heart, and pleaded for His help. Sweet tender mercies like that make all the rejections worth it. " I love this Work. I am so blessed to be a missionary and have the calling from a prophet of God to proclaim the most important message. The Restoration of the Gospel of Jesus Christ among the people of Taiwan. Hurrah For Israel!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Love it! Thanks so much for the update.... Great and inspiring experiences.

    ReplyDelete