Taipei Taiwan

Taipei Taiwan

Sunday, March 2, 2014

Xinzhu #39

Hey ya'll!! :) I have so much more that I want to tell you, but I just have to tell Julia, Happy Birthday!!! :) Love ya sis!! My companion took off to the MTC today :) Sarah, look for him! His name is Elder Tseng, and he is going to Minnesota. Tell him I love him when you see him, and a good hand shake! His English is good. I had a good hour and a half with President Day all to myself as he took me back to my district and I will be with the other Elders in my district until Thursday when my duanchuan (temporary missionary) I love it!!! For me, I feel like the thing that I learned the most was to Teach People, Not Lessons. It's really good because that is the principle that we are covering in the training program. The earth is full of Children of God, and just like a good wise friend of mine told me once... "People are important." I must make lessons for the people and all the doctrine in a way that the person needs to come unto Christ. Our Father has called me to rely on him. To lift me to higher levels, to receive inspiration for those who I bring unto Christ. Then I must walk with them and pray my heart out for them. Really desire their Salvation. Elder Graves (my Zone Leader) shared something with me as I followed up with him on the PMG Power Promise that I really loved. He said that as he goes out to find, he actually desires to talk to them! This week, he didn't feel like he was talking to them because he had to, but he did it because he wanted to! That's what I want. I will pray for the gift of Charity to love them, and WANT to talk with people and share with them!!! I have been so blessed, and I am so happy. Though there are obstacles, nothing will stand in the way of the Lord and His work. I know that the Lord lives, and I know that the Book of Mormon is a testament of Jesus Christ as well as a testimony that the Church of Jesus Christ has been Restored upon the earth and I must go forth with the members and the Investigators, and RCLAs and walk the road to Calvary. Praying unto the Father to lift us up when we fall. Love, Elder Westover

No comments:

Post a Comment