Taipei Taiwan

Taipei Taiwan

Monday, April 21, 2014

Xinzhu #46

This week was a wonderful week. There were so many good things that happened this week. We had an Area Seventy, Elder Larry Wilson, and his wife came and they gave us some wonderful training on using the Book of Mormon in our proselyting efforts. I want to invite you all to read the 1 Nephi Chapter 1 again and pay attention to how many similarities there are between it and the story of the restoration..... It's super awesome!! We have been invited as a whole mission to use that as a way to review the 1st Lesson and to help our investigators get a hold on the Iron Rod from the very start... Also... Ask your missionaries in your ward if there are any investigators that you can read the Book of Mormon with once a week. That is one of the most important things for a lasting conversion to the Gospel of Jesus Christ... Help some one get that habit of Holding Fast to the Iron Rod!! I don't know if you still remember that Ye Dx from awhile back, but we had a feeling to go over to his home to visit him again. (It's been about 2 1/2 months since he told us he didn't want to meet). Elder Willes wanted to go try him again and as we pulled up right as I was knocking the door I looked in the front door and saw him with a tube in his nose and he had had surgery.... he came and answered the door, allowed us to come in and it hurt me so bad to see him the way he was. He had stopped meeting because he was not willing to quit tea, and I have no idea whether the surgery he had had anything to do with his tea drinking, but they cut a hole in his throat and feed him through his nose... I felt so much love from our Savior as we read 3 Nephi 17:7-8 with him and offered to give him a priesthood blessing. Although he could not speak I asked him to pray and speak intently with his Father in Heaven about what his hopes were and to express his faith in Christ to help him have strength in this time. It was one of the most wonderful times I have had on my mission and the time on my mission that I have felt closer to the Savior. I felt an overwhelming love for Ye Dx and the Atonement heal, and sanctify us. I testify that we have loving Heavenly Father who is hearing all of our prayers. I testify that Jesus is the Christ and He is our Savior and Redeemer. We are saved through the Atonement of Him and are obligated to keep His commandments. If we come unto Him we will find rest and peace in this life and obtain Eternal Life. Hurrah for Israel!!!!!!! Love, Elder Westover

No comments:

Post a Comment