Taipei Taiwan

Taipei Taiwan

Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Xinzhu # 47

This week was so wonderful. I can definitely tell you that, but as far as the specifics I don't know that I could be very specific... :P We had a little longer of a week this week because we went to the Taipei Temple today which was a wonderful experience and was full of learning, and enlightenment. So what I'm trying to get at is that I really don't know what to share about the last week. But The last two days have been full of great stuff. We had exchanges with the Zone Leaders and I got to go to Zhu Dong which is the first area Joseph served in. It was cool! I got to minister unto the same people that my brother ministered to and invite them to come unto Christ. I learned alot and was humbled alot. I have alot more that I can do as a leader to make sure I am really truly helping the missionaries in my district also come closer to Christ and become the best they can do. I learned that making plans to lift, inspire, encourage and bless the lives of those that the Lord has so much strength. Wingin' it is possible, and it may work, but the thing I learned is that when there is a plan and a follow-up to help them really go and do has helped me think of how I can be a great father to my children. To make sure that they are always improving. Inviting and encouraging them to go forward and see how much potential they have when they obey the commandments of the Lord and become better. I'll give you a little update on our investigators... Shi Dx- set a baptismal date for May 24 and said we could meet with his family!! :) He's so great. He has some problems with the tea part of the Word of Wisdom, but we are really trying to help him overcome that through the Book of Mormon and his Testimony of it's truthfulness. We need help from both sides of the veil for this one :) Sui JM- she is reading and praying and really is developing faith in Christ. It's really growing!!! Thanks so much for prayers. She is wonderfully progressing and the light of Christ is just glowing in her eyes every time we see her now. She loves the feeling of the members caring about her and the big family here. She is truly having a change of heart and I pray that she can actually come to church this week. She has always had some stuff come up with family that has not allowed her to come... pray that she can come and never leave again!! :P Zhou Chang En- He is getting baptized this week!!! finally! He has been ready to be baptized since I got here in Xinzhu but because of things with some family members he has not been able to. He has a burning testimony and is so ready. Pray that the Young Men will love him and get him into the flow of things smoothly to help him get to the temple!! Habip (Turkish) and Chen JM (wife)- They are doing good!! Habip received a very strong confirmation of the truthfulness of the Book of Mormon this week and we pray that as we help him with cigarettes he will use the strength of the Savior to overcome that challenge and prepare to be baptized. Lee JM and her son (Tu Dx)- came to church and are reading the Book of Mormon... They are not really clear on our purpose of helping them be baptized, but that is a small thing :) haha. Pray that as we go over there tomorrow that we can have the Spirit to help them make the goal of entering the waters of baptism and following the example of Jesus Christ. Thank you so much for your prayers. You're so great. I'm praying for you. I'll send pictures next week!! Hurrah for Israel!! Love, Elder Jordan Westover https://www.lds.org/prophets-and-apostles/unto-all-the-world/zhu-ching-suns-story?lang=eng https://www.lds.org/prophets-and-apostles/unto-all-the-world/gospel-light?cid=HPTU042214727&lang=eng

No comments:

Post a Comment