Taipei Taiwan

Taipei Taiwan

Monday, August 19, 2013

Tou Fen #11

Hello!! Again! :) oh boy. It is just so incredible to be a missionary. We had a good week this week here in Toufen! This week we had interviews with President Day and they were awesome. I am so blessed to have a "mom" and "dad" out here on the mission as well as back home. haha just another blessing of being a missionary! I'm excited about the goals that I set with President Day. I absolutely love Sister Day!! haha she reminds me a lot of you mom :) haha she even does Doterra! ;) She loves me :) haha Anyway, in my prayers last night, I felt like I should address a little of letter to my nieces and nephews. And I want to address you all by name: Adelynn, Enoch, Vicki, Christina, Kaleb, Savannah, Calyssa, Benjamin, Ella, Brigg, Gunner, Ashlynn, Olivia, Emery, Kate, Victoria, Camden, Kaden, Cosette, Cardston, Kiah, Malia, Eva, Tate, and Tallie. I want to tell you how much a absolutely love you all. Each and everyone of you. I want you to think for a little bit of all the fun times that we have had and all of the special times that we have had. Next I want you to think about all the times that you have been happy. I bet that most of those times are when you have been with your family. Now open your Books of Mormon and read Mosiah 2:41. That is my absolute favorite scripture... "consider on the blessed and happy state of those that keep the commandments of God."... The reason I love this so much is because I KNOW one thing. That we are children of God. God is our loving Father in Heaven and because he loves us, he has given us commandments, to "lead us and guide us and help us find the way" back to live with Him! And because He loves us even more, He gave us our parents. They are so important to the Plan of Happiness that our Heavenly Father has for us. They, just like the prophets have been called of God to teach you and raise you up in the Gospel. They love you and want you to grow up to be successful... just like your Heavenly Father. Please. Obey your parents. Follow the rules they set for you because I promise you that you will "dwell with God in a state of neverending happiness. I know that the Book of Mormon is true. It literally is the word of God. Jesus Christ is our Savior and Redeemer. He is our best friend and knows us individually and perfectly. I love you so much. Read and pray everyday. Your Heavenly Father wants to talk to you. You speak through your prayers and He speaks to you through the words of the prophets. Miracles: On companion exchanges with Elder Gibson we had a great lesson with one of our investigators who has been very hesitant to make any commitments. While we were following up on his reading and praying he said... "I read and I prayed and when I prayed I could feel an angel at my side... It felt good and safe." He has not accepted the invitation to baptism or to come to church because he is too afraid of what his parents will do... but he leaves for college next month and I know that when he goes there he will do those things. We are going to try and send him to the Taizhong mission with a baptismal date. His faith is growing and developing. Last week we found a lady who wanted us to teach her kids English and so this week we had an appointment to visit them. It went great! The dad is there and will be there every time we are there, but we shared with them what our real purpose was and that we share a message that can bless their family and asked if we could also teach our message. They set up and we are super excited about them! They have two kids. Johnson (12) and Julia(9)! Johnson has really bad A.D.D. They recently moved in so if they come to church next week they can meet some new friends! Lin Qing Yong is in Mosiah 11!! He has a while to go because of some problems with Word of Wisdom and just clearing some things out with him about the Law of Chastity. We're praying that the Lord will humble him to allow us to speak enough in our lessons. He really is negative about his life right now and barely allows our lessons to be taught. We re-established expectations this last week. It's been another rough week of finding people that will listen to us. We are moving forward in Faith and humbly seeking out the will of the Lord. Follow-up: Lin Family (tracted into a while back)- they are just finishing a traditional 40 day mourning gathering for her grandmother. (she is what they call yuan ju ming) Native Taiwanese. Lin Qing Yong has a baptismal date and is reading the BofM. (right now he is in Mosiah 11) He is working with some commandments and some health problems, but he is reading and praying and wants to be baptized. Huang Yen Wen and his mother are doing alright. He is slowly getting off drinking and smoking. We are still working with him on a weekly basis. His mother is investigating right now and is slowly progressing because she just doesn't have enough time to sleep and she often forgets things that the sisters teach her. I love you all so much. Love, Elder Westover P.S.- Katelyn Parkin, Sarah Strong, Victoria & Cosette Hall I got your letters and I loved them!! Thank you so much :)

No comments:

Post a Comment