Taipei Taiwan

Taipei Taiwan

Monday, August 26, 2013

Tou Fen # 12 ( He sent pictures and I will get those up soon)

Hey ya'll! It's my last week with Elder Hopper. I'm so grateful for everything he has been able to teach me, and I thank him for being an instrament in the Lord's hands to teach me humility. Oh boy!! I love being a missionary! There are so many blessings that come from being a missionary. I am so happy to have this time to devote everything that I have to the Lord and gathering lost Israel. Toufen Branch now has a mission plan...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! There is so much potential here and It is so exciting to know that there is now a plan, goals, and a vision that the Lord has for the people in the Toufen Branch. It's just like the commandments from God... if we keep them we'll be happy and be blessed. If we do all we can to accomplish the daily, weekly, and monthly goals set on the Branch Mission Plan... we will see blessings in the missionary work!! It's so amazing how simple it is. I love it. This week while on exchanges with Elder Senkins we had two really great miracles. 1- We set a baptismal date on the street. 2- We gave a blessing to a former investigator's daughter in the hospital. Unfortunately our first miracle did not pan out. he fang-ed women gedze, but it was great because I got to be bold on the street. I'd never done that and I really felt like I was doing what I needed to do as a missionary. I felt like I was fulfilling my purpose. Our second miracle did work out with the will of the Lord. We found out later that the little girl was better by the end of the day and out of the hospital. The Sisters have had them as investigators since they got here, but the mom said that she wants to be baptized. This is a huge miracle because they have really been lacking faith in the Tithing. Mom is putting pressure on Dad... :) haha Gotta love it. They all came to church this week too and they are totally a Mormon family waiting to get in the water! Next we invited the new family we found from last week..... It really was completely out of the blue and it didn't sound pretty at all but I extended it and though they did not accept or set a date yet, it will be alot easier to remind them of why we are out here. It will be alot easier to extend it over and over and over till they realize that we mean business about this baptism stuff and they will start to understand. The thing I learned is that even though the approach to the invite was not that great... and it was out of the blue completely,and there could have been a different outcome or response, the Spirit is the teacher and knows what needs to be said and when. IT brought out concerns and gave us a good place to know where we can go next time. It is amazing how much you learn out here. "Oh how great is the wisdom of our God." Everything about the mission makes this statement so true. This week I've learned alot about Faith... Being Diligent in Faith. I am also striving to be more happy!! (Atleast to make sure that I'm showing it) I have learned that love is so important. I love you. I mean it. I miss you. I'll see you some day, but right now, my Heart is the Lord's. Love, Elder Jordan Westover

No comments:

Post a Comment