Taipei Taiwan

Taipei Taiwan

Sunday, August 4, 2013

Tou Fen # 9

Hello Loved-ones! I am so so sorry but I won't be writing alot this week... I'm going up to Xinzhu to go to Costco!!! haha Yes... they have Costco here. We have been asked to prepare personal 72 Hour Packs and have to have them put together by the end of the month. We have a member taking us up there and we don't have much time to write, but I got to write my mom and email so I think that's good enogh :) Vicki!!! (John's Vicki) Happy Birthday!!! :) I love you! Sarah and Tarah!.... You two beauties are going to have a great Happy Birthday up there with Josh, Katie, Jacob, and Rebekah :) Love you! This week was great and huge builder for me.... just lots of realizations and connections made for me. I love it and I am so happy to be here. Really... there is no place better that Taiwan. (except for Cornville, AZ) ;) I'm going to attach a little bit from my president's letter: The footings for missionary work in Toufen are just being set. We are working on our Branch Mission Plan and it is really cool to see all of this happen. The changes that have taken since I've gotten here have been so great and I love to see the hearts of the people change. I am learning the power of prayer is so much greater with more people! This last week we had a training with the Young Men in our branch and it was really good! The young men's president is doing great with inspiring his young men to share the gospel with their friends and he committed them to invite all of their classmates to come to church (church activity) through out the year! We did a role play with them and they really liked it. I am striving everyday to apply the language and teaching skills and knowledge that I gain. I'm striving to listen... truly listen to those that I teach and those that I speak with, so that I have to Spirit of Discernment. I am a huge believer of what you said to us one of our first days on island. "90% of inspiration, is information". I am not a pro at it, but I'm really trying to listen. Taking the time to slow down and put out what the natural man would say (trying to rely on myself to answer the questions, and teach the doctrines) but rather, listen closely for the voice of the Spirit to tell me what it is that I need to say, and do. Or what the needs of my investigator are, as my companion and I plan for them. I am learning that the Gift of Discernment is so essential. I love you and I love this work... My favorite scripture from study this week was Moroni 8:25-26. Think of being a member missionary. Think of all the blessings that the Gospel has brought you in yous life, and how much happiness and joy that could bring your friends, co-workers, classmates, and family members. Strive to do the little things that will present opportunities to share the gospel with all of those around you. I love you and pray for you all the time. I am so grateful for your prayers and love. Keep them coming!! Toufen needs the Lord's blessings. :) Love, Elder Jordan Westover

No comments:

Post a Comment