Taipei Taiwan

Taipei Taiwan

Monday, January 19, 2015

Xinan # 82

Dear Family!! I have a new companion!!! Elder Greenhalgh.... He's from Syracuse, UT and has a twin serving in Taizhong :) Super cool :) I'm not sure that I said anything in past weeks, but I just want to say thanks to everyone for all the pictures, letters, and packages during the holiday season... some of you even looking forward to the next season... Valentines day ;) I love you all. Thanks for your love, and your prayers. I'm gonna give you a little update on our investigators, because I feel the Lord is blessing us a lot. Update is as follows: Sister Chen and her two sons: She is very sensitive to the Spirit and the Lord is really working little small miracles in her life, a step at a time. We met with her and she shared the with us the role that prayer has had in her life. It really gives her more peace and patience to love her to two sons. She wants to obtain the Gift of the Holy Ghost and have Heavenly Father's guidance, but she also just doesn't want to be constrained by the commandments (WOW) But she is willing to try. The past two weeks she hasn't been able to come to church because of her son's piano class, but she committed to talk to the teacher and change the class to another time for the winter break. She is bringing forth "good fruits" (Alma 26:22), just slowly. She has not quite accepted the invitation to baptism yet, but she has a great desire. I know that as she starts using the principles of the Gospel in her home with her sons, she will start seeing the hand of the Lord in her life, and know that the message that we are sharing is true. The Spirit Converts. Brother Huang and Sister Wu (Boyfriend and Girlfriend/ FUTURE Husband and Wife): They are doing so good!! This last week they fed us an all you can eat pizza lunch right before Elder Huang moved, and we had a good opportunity to followup with Sister Wu... They are making the steps to get married at Chinese New Year in February. Keep praying for them and pray that She can find a different job that will allow her to keep the Sabbath Day Holy. :) I'm super grateful to Heavenly Father. There is so much that He can do through such imperfect things... like me. I am just so grateful that I have the opportunity to be able to see so much conversion happen in people's lives while I am doing so much in the office, and doing other things. This is the Lord's work and there is nothing that can stop it from going forward. "And thus we see the great call of diligence of men to labor in the vineyards of the Lord; and thus we see the great reason of sorrow, and also of rejoicing - sorrow because of death and destruction among men, and joy because of the light of Christ unto life." (Alma 28:14) I am sad that I am in the office, for instance I feel "sorrow" because I have left the life of a normal missionary, but I have found reason of rejoicing also... because, I am able to help more souls come unto Christ. To come to know that He is the Savior of the World, and to be and "labor" diligently "in the vineyards of the Lord." This week we have our first two Specialized Training of the Month and I pray that the Spirit will be able to work through me and my companion to work on all aspects of the work that He has called us to do. :) I love you... Keep it up. Remember your covenants... remember Him. Hurrah For Israel!!! Love, Elder Westover ------------------------------------------------------------------ Thursday morning right after our last Office Staff Meeting of the transfer. My companion, Elder Huang (Third one in on the right) was transferred to be Zone Leader in Zhunan. I'll miss him!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment