Taipei Taiwan

Taipei Taiwan

Sunday, December 15, 2013

in addition...

This Saturday we had the opportunity to hear from Quorum of the Seventy, Elder Allen F. Packer as he shared with us of the Spirit of Elijah and Missionary Work. I learned that the Spirit of Elijah is not another spirit, but it is a manifestation of the Holy Ghost, and as that manifestation takes place, the hearts of men are softened, and opened to accept the Gospel of Jesus Christ. The Spirit was so strong in that meeting, as we took some time to talk about our ancestors, and share a story. It has never occurred to me that it's as simple as sharing a story to feel that Spirit. We are striving to help those that we serve receive the manifestations of that Spirit, and I would love it to hear some of your stories of your loved ones. Just remember that Family History is not about trees and charts, it's about the hearts!! :) At this training we got to do a roleplay, and I shared Grandpa Adams' Wilber Story. I would really love to hear some stories from you all! Please take some time to share your stories of our ancestors with me. If you could send them to me on email or in the mail I would love it! :) I want to be able to share stories with the people here, but I didn't take the opportunity to do so when I was home. :) I love you all!! Unfortunately, this Christmas, unless you are going to be with Mom and Dad, I will not be able to Skype with you all. I am trying to be as obedient as I can to obtain the blessings of the Lord, so just know that I love you. You're all amazing, and I hope you have a very Merry Christmas. Remember Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment