Taipei Taiwan

Taipei Taiwan

Sunday, December 15, 2013

Xinzhu # 28

Hello!! :) Hey I just want to tell you all how much I love you. I am so predictable. I'm sorry, but I just always have to tell you that I love you!! You're all so great!! This week was so great! I met and shared the Restored Gospel with a German, felt the Spirit of Elijah, a lesson with 8 members present and develop a greater love for the people of Taiwan every second :). Hahah, yes, we met a German (Philip- 18) on the road, and taught him in a 7-Eleven. It was a great experience to share with him. He hasn't accepted it yet, but I know that he has felt the Spirit. We invited him to be baptized on the first lesson, just like we missionaries do, and even though he didn't accept it, I know that he felt the Spirit. He has been thinking a lot about it, and we have been encouraging him to pray about it, to pray to his Heavenly Father. This Saturday we had the opportunity to hear from Quorum of the Seventy, Elder Allen F. Packer as he shared with us of the Spirit of Elijah and Missionary Work. I learned that the Spirit of Elijah is not another spirit, but it is a manifestation of the Holy Ghost, and as that manifestation takes place, the hearts of men are softened, and opened to accept the Gospel of Jesus Christ. The Spirit was so strong in that meeting, as we took some time to talk about our ancestors, and share a story. It has never occurred to me that it's as simple as sharing a story to feel that Spirit. We are striving to help those that we serve receive the manifestations of that Spirit, and I would love it to hear some of your stories of your loved ones. Just remember that Family History is not about trees and charts, it's about the hearts!! :) We had two really special lessons this week :) the first one was our investigator, Ye Dx, including the Word of Wisdom, faith, the Holy Ghost, and out Peike invited him to come to church. He said he wouldn't be able to come because his family was in town for a family reunion, but he would come to church next week. Hahah. But right during the opening hymn he walked in and sat down with the brother who helped us peike!!!! :) It was so good to see him come and listen and feel the Spirit. :) This week I learned a lot from the Savior in the Sermon on the Mount chapters... and I feel like the greatest thing is that I feel a greater desire and need to live the gospel more in my life. In my companionship the Lord and my companion have helped me see that this week and helped me see where my pride and lack of humility is. I know that the Savior really can show us where our weaknesses are, and help us make them strengths, but we must humble ourselves and come unto him as a little child. Submissively, meekly and humbly seeking him, asking him... He will change us :) I am so happy to be here, and I am so grateful for the gift of Charity. The True full love of Christ is so incredible. My Savior loves me, and That is why I am here. Love, Elder Westover

No comments:

Post a Comment